Monday, 28 June 2010
Insulation is finished throughout the house now, just a few places left out for the remaining electrics. Here's the bathroom internal wall - for this we used the branded 'Ecowool' insulation we bought originally, before B&Q replaced it with their own version. It splits into two 100mm thick rolls so it is ideal for the internal walls:
While Emma was finishing that, I started on the airing cupboard bifold doors, which went on without too much hassle in the end. It was a bit fiddly, but compared to some of the other things we've done they were a piece of cake really!
Spot the deliberate mistake in the last photo. Although it's not really a 'mistake', as I put the knobs on where the instructions told me to - but try and imagine how you would actually open those doors with the knob in that position. In time we'll replace the knob with a horizontal bar so you can twist and pull the doors open with little effort, rather than forcing it which you have to do at the moment.
Here's the fitment, this is my little finger between the back face of the doors and the immersion heater. Perfect I'd say, minimal wasted space:
We also attached one or two sheets of mesh.