Monday, 28 November 2011

We managed to get quite a bit done over the weekend, starting with a good clean and tidy up! I put up a shelf in the bedroom, and we moved Emma's stereo onto my old Ikea unit which matches the shelf. I didnt realise there was a right-way-up to install the bracket for the shelf, so naturally I installed it upside down. Not too much of an issue, will just have to get the drill out again.

We put up Emma's three digital photos on canvas, which look really good. One nail into the wall (and filler/paint covering up the six nailholes I made prior to finding the stud) was all it took to mount these - and a dab of blue tack in the top two corners to keep them perfectly level.

We finished the functional install of the extract ducting through the loft. There is a little bit of tidying up to do inside the loft, putting the plasterboard back on etc, but its fitted and tested and that was the main thing. What a chore that was, I dont blame me for putting it off! Remove plasterboard / vapour barrier / insulation, mark circle on inside of OSB, drill a series of holes and pop out the centre (hard work), then do the same through the external board and render, chop the duct down to length, manhandle it into the loft (not easy) and stick it through the hole, then up a ladder to mount the external vent. Twice, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment