Emma's parents came to help on saturday, and we filled this skip with rubbish: Then Emma and I used the brushcutter and mulching vac to clear loads of the garden, and we also felled the conifer. Lots more clearing to do, but we've made a decent start at it now. We started hacking off the old render, and actually it comes off relatively easily:
Our electrician Martyn also came and relocated the plug socket for the cooker hood into the airing cupboard, and this means we can now finish the tiling in the bathroom. We also sorted out why we had no TV reception aswell. The two aerial sockets were connected together, and the wire from the actual aerial was still coiled up in the wall!! No wonder it didnt work. Anyway, we have perfect reception, which is great news. Unfortunately it does mean we have to buy a TV license, boo. Although not for a few weeks yet - as we've got to take the aerial down in a few days in order to do the re-rendering work.