Thursday 28 October 2010

So I spent yesterday evening upside down in a hole! We dug down to the water pipe and traced along it to uncover the connection, and sure enough I'd done it wrong. Error. Good job I'm paranoid and decided to dig it up and check!!

Anyway, I reattached the inner grippy bit in the right place after pushing the pipe into the connector (like I should have done in the first place), and did up the outer bit. Fine. Except now there's about a 2" gap between the end of the other part of the pipe and the connector! So we've had to buy another connector, which we'll connect on tomorrow after cutting the pipe to length.

So, bit of a chore, but at the end of the day it's cost us about a fiver and a few hours work. Not a disaster. As opposed to the NHBC rejecting all of our render, which is a disaster :(

Must just say congratulations to my brother Steve and his wife Ruth, for having baby Isabelle (or Isobel, will check spelling later) Pike at 7.30 this morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment