Monday, 22 November 2010

And he said 'let there be light', and there was light :-D

Not only light, but power and heating aswell! Everything went pretty smoothly in the end. We have to wire up the roomstats ourselves, which is a shame but it doesnt look too hard. I'm not sure the hot water cylinder is full of water, and the immersion heater is set to come on for an hour a week (pasteurisation) - so if it does, and the tank is dry, bad things might happen!

We got the burglar alarm turned on and tested, also the Wattson energy monitor (which is very cool, although not very accurate below about 250W), and painted all the door architraves, but fitting the blind was less successful - because they only sent us about half of the stuff we need!

The house is about 14-16 degrees for the moment, we're just working out the best way to run the heat pump. Currently we have it set to an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening, but that probably wont be adequate. It's a learning curve, so we'll see how it goes for now.
And I've got a 'BOOST' button in the airing cupboard, which is better than everything else :-D

Meter cupboard:
Controls in airing cupboard (note 'BOOST' button):Heat pump wired up and running:Spotlights above our bed (on) and downlighters in the ceiling (not on):Toilet minus seat:Shower / bath filler valve:Door surrounds painted:

No comments:

Post a Comment